Wednesday 4 May 2011

I Am Sam = Of Mice and Men? Intro to the First Deprivation...

I Am Sam. Awesome movie. Awesome example. This touching movie about a mentally challenged father who fights for custody of his 7 year old daughter, by proving he is psychologically capable, can easily be related to the idea that mental disabilities will make life harder to those who have one.....


Generally similar to the situation Lennie and George face in, Of Mice and Men, I Am Sam, exemplifies the fact that one of the limitations that a mental disability may result in, is prejudice. Both Sam Dawson and Lennie Small are subject to prejudice, in that their mental capabilities are judged based on their mental limitations...We're going to start taking a look into that fact later in the next few posts, but first, WATCH THE MOVIE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'M WORKING ON A DOUBLE BUBBLE THINKING MAP IN WHICH I'M COMPARING AND CONTRASTING LENNIE SMALL AND SAM DAWSON. I NEED TWO SIMILARITIES AND TWO DIFFERENCES. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. - ALL THE LOVE

    ReplyDelete